Clinics and services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
- Coronary heart disease
- Cervical Smears: women aged 25-50 are advised to have a smear test every three years and those aged 50-65 every five years. Please contact reception for an appointment with the practice nurse.
- Contraceptive services: appointments can be made with any doctor for advice on, and management of, contraception. Once a method is established you are advised to have an annual check-up and a smear every three years. This can be booked with the doctor or the practice nurse.
- Maternity services: provided by the community midwives who hold a clinic on Thursdays at 08:45
- Minor surgery: joint Injections and Cryotherapy: carried out monthly at the surgery.
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Immunisation of Children: all immunisations are carried out by the practice nurse and health visitor, supervised by a doctor. The immunisations which children require and further information can be found at: www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations
- Immunisation for Foreign Travel: we offer a comprehensive travel health service during routine appointments on all matters relating to healthy travel abroad, including avoidance of malaria, and a full immunisation service with the exception of yellow fever. Please book your first appointment as early as possible, preferably at least six weeks before departure. You will be asked to complete a travel questionnaire for each member of your party – please help us by returning this two days prior to your appointment, particularly when your itinerary is complex. See our Travel Services page for more information.
- Flu vaccinations: vaccination is recommended each year in line with Department of Health guidelines. See here for more information from the NHS.
Blood Tests/ Phlebotomy Clinics
From 01 November 2018 all blood tests will be by appointment only. Patients can make an appointment for the Phlebotomy Clinic by telephoning the booking hotline on 0161 934 8361.
The booking team will offer patients a choice of appointments at one of the Trafford blood testing clinics on this list Phlebotomy-Clinics-from-01-November-2018.